I hear the Boston Marathon ended with a bang...

Damn straight!

What are you gonna use? A hug?

nb

Reply to
notbob

Did you hear the questions posed to the Boston Chief of Police? From memory, one was along the line of, "...Is this another false attack instrumented by Homeland Security in order to remove our guns?" What caught my attention was the phrase 'another' There were some others but missed them due to sound having too much voice over and clutter.

While the CNN announcer kept saying the smoke indicated this was more likely a crude bomb, not containing C4; I kept thinking great made with gunpowder so another way to take all the ammunition away. We'll see if it was a 'dirty' bomb, laced with C4 for effect.

Trigger mechanism? CNN said they're checking the cell phone towers, Uh, surprised they didn't jam the network in that area. Oh, maybe they did [after the fact] and that's why some didn't go off.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Very possible. White Americans seem to take delight in being who they are not. Look at all the wht Americans that are hellbent on being Afro-American. "Yo dat, brah!" Dolts. Sounds like it jes might be another case of a homegrown whitey goin' "Allah akbar" on us. White guilt taken to the extreme. Maybe not. We shall see.

One thing's for sure. This near burnt out cinder jes can't support nine billion ppl. Basic high school sociology. Higher population density precipitates more eratic behavior. Short of a catastrophic plague or natural disaster seriously reducing the World's population, it damn sure isn't gonna get any better. I'm suddenly reminded of Alvin Toffler's book, Future Shock. FS, along with higher pop, has now given us something even worse, namely mankind's meltdown.

nb

Reply to
notbob

What journalism isn't?

Reply to
notbob

Same thing as you.

Reply to
notbob

You might want to check on that. My understanding is that was just another story that was wrong and in fact, the cell phone service might have been overloaded because of what happenedn, it was *not* shut down on purpose, at the direction of police, etc.

Why can't you libs get anything right?

Reply to
trader4

The P.L.L.C.F. have a "switch" on their wish list for all activity in the country. They want a "switch" to turn off The Internet, they want a "switch" to turn off your money, they want a "switch" to turn off all travel, they want a "switch" to turn off all news dissemination and with all the ammunition, guns and military vehicles they've been purchasing lately, it's obvious they want a "switch" to turn off the citizenry. o_O

Oh yea, P.L.L.C.F., Progressive Liberal Leftists Commiecrat Freaks. The acronym saves a lot of typing. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Right. Obama didn't refer to it as a terrorist attack in his 6 PM little speech. He called it a "tragedy". I mean whether it's purely domestic and unconnected to radical Islam, or Al-Qaeda, it was still an obvious terrorist attack. What other possibility is there? Spontaneous bombs that assembled themselves? A husband trying to kill his wife, but figured they would do it that way?

I also found it interesting that TV stations had an official White House photo of Obama in the oval office on the phone talking to the FBI director, trying to look presidential in time for the 6:30PM news. The thing happens at 3PM and instantly the WH calls in the official photographer to snap a photo?

Reply to
trader4

LOL, how's that working so far? The latest dumb move was just yesterday, with Kerry now saying the US will have one on one talks with the little runt in North Korea, as long as he shuts up for a while and doesn't test any more nukes. Another mistake, as the little runt sees that concession of the US agreeing to one on one talks as a direct result of what he just did.

McCain had it right. He said we've been doing this for decades. North Korea acts up, makes threats, we respond with more negotiation and aid out of false hope that it will change them. Meanwhile they continue lying and building nukes. It's a cycle and every damn fool, except of course the Sec of State, the president and mabye Jimmy Carter, can see that it's not only not working, but getting exponentially worse.

Reply to
trader4

And the news is reporting only 3 deaths - so I don't know whether to believe the Saudi angle either.

Reply to
clare

Likely Faux

Reply to
clare

==============

The Saudi angle is that they have a Saudi who was living in an apt in a Boston suburb in the hospital and he's under guard as a person of interest. They searched his apt and took away bags of stuff. He allegedly was acting suspicously at the scene and was tackled by bystanders. It could be something or it could be nothing.

First thing that comes to mind is the bombs went off within seconds of each other, so apparently they didn't go off accidently. And if that's the case, why would anyone involved be so close that they themselves were injured? If the guy is involved, then it will be a gold mine for the investigation.

Reply to
trader4

Why schools? Why movie theaters? Why downtown Boston? Soft target with *lotsa* targets concentrated in one area.

Reply to
krw

Right. The news (CNN radio, I think) was reporting that the cell phone network was shut down *right* after talking to someone on the cell phone, who was at the site.

Because they're libs.

Reply to
krw

For what it's worth, security at Canadian/US border crossings has been sharply increased since the Boston bombings.

It's not that anyone thinks the bomber was Canadian, it's just that the FBI supposes the bomber may be trying to get out of the US. If it was a muslim terrorist, they don't want him/her to get back to Iran (or wherever) before they find out who did it.

So, racial profiling or no racial profiling, getting across the US/Canada border if you have black hair, brown eyes and a name like Yousif, Farak or Mohammad ain't easy as of late.

Reply to
nestork

===============

They will be water boarding him right now in Gitmo.

Reply to
harry

For what it's worth, security at Canadian/US border crossings has been sharply increased since the Boston bombings.

It's not that anyone thinks the bomber was Canadian, it's just that the FBI supposes the bomber may be trying to get out of the US. If it was a muslim terrorist, they don't want him/her to get back to Iran (or wherever) before they find out who did it.

So, racial profiling or no racial profiling, getting across the US/Canada border if you have black hair, brown eyes and a name like Yousif, Farak or Mohammad ain't easy as of late.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Chris Young used improper usenet message composition style by top-posting and full quoting:

He didn't say which side of the boarder is being more vigilent.

I would hate to think that we're spending more tax dollars here in Canada to pay for overtime for customs agents to waste more of our time coming back into Canada in a futile attempt to catch your bomber.

Reply to
Home Guy

No, the way it's set up is that Canadian border guards check everyone wanting to come to Canada, and US border guards check everyone wanting to come to the USA. So, yes, it's Canadian border guards that are looking for the Boston bomber should he be wanting to come to Canada.

Just clench your teeth really hard and put up with it Home Guy; this is the kinda stuff a country has to do to be a good neighbor. You can write a strongly worded letter to your member of parliament if you want.

But, I fully expect that the US has unmanned drones patrolling the US/Canada border should the guy decide it's safer to cross the border on foot. I know they use those drones to monitor the BC/Washington State border for drug smuggers who typically do their business at night.

Reply to
nestork

The official photographer is probably just on the other side of the nearest door anywhere the President happens to be. It's been like that since there have been cameras.

You can't tell me your beloved "Dubbya" didn't love to pose for pictures to make himself look "Presidential." They're all media hogs.

Reply to
dennisgauge