I have an Opossum in storage building (to get rid of)!

Ask at local animal shelter to borrow a 'live trap'. Bait with pet food/ canned fish/ something with a strong smell to draw the opossum to the trap. Then either drowned the beast or set it loose at great distance from any human homes. I usually drowned the beasts to keep them from killing any more of my poultry.

Reply to
Vandy Terre

They kill them at night, usually by biting their necks and drinking the blood. Sometimes a single opossum can kill half a dozen chickens in a night. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Faster than a weasel?

Reply to
rbowman

When I was still in high school, for some anti-drug lecture they passed around a plate with two joints on it. When it came back, there were three.

Reply to
dgk

Frank Zappa used it to raise dental floss.

Reply to
dgk

Flushing. We're maybe 10 blocks from a cemetary so rumor has it that the critters live there and come by to visit us.

Reply to
dgk

I stayed in Flushing the last time I was in NY.

At the Y.

And 35 years ago, two of my neighbors in the building in Brooklyn moved to a retirement home in Flushing. It might have had a religious affiliation. They were both old and I thought they were just roommates, but it turned out that one of them was the nurse for the other, and probably younger, but they both grew older together.

Reply to
micky

When we had raccoons in the ceiling above our lower level family room, the town animal control officer told us to play loud Spanish music to drive them out. It worked, next day they were gone. Should work for possums too.

Reply to
Ameri-Clean