I have a dead mouse in my AC - need help getting to it?

Page 1 of 2

Our house smells horrible. I recently put out some rat poison (first mistake) and now we have an overwhelming smell of a decaying dead animal in our house. I have narrowed it down to our inside AC unit. It seems to be directly below the blower behind the area that has all of the copper piping (coil?). It does not appear possible to open this area, but I believe that is where he is located. Is there anyway to access this area or am I out of luck? Thank you.
Joe
the smell will go away in short time. Don't worry about it.

you got what you deserved for using poision......
next time live trap and release outdoors away from home
I wasn't aware that they even made live traps for mice, but felt I had to do something quickly after one of them got into my truck and chewed into the interior. I guess I deserved that too for one of my other trangressions.
wrote:

you got what you deserved for using poision......
next time live trap and release outdoors away from home
Can't imagine WHY you'd want to trap those fokkers alive. A good ol' fashioned snap trap works great.
next time live trap and release outdoors away from home
Joe B. wrote:

Hi, Rat or mouse? Two different animals.
Tony Hwang wrote: ...

Dead.
Joe B. wrote: ...

Specifically, not a clue for an unspecified unit...all I can suggest is to give it a go towards trying to get close enough to see if can snag carcass w/ wire or some other grappling tool. (Of course, be careful no to stick it somewhere there could be live connections, etc. or you might join him... :))
Sometimes they seem to like to get into fan shroud--might look around there. Can you actually see anything or only odor to try to track?
my dislike for poision, the mouse eats it and dies, but a bird eats the carcass and get ill...... plus the odor issues, contrary to poision advertising they dont all leave for water, most mice live off the water in food.
and yeah they have live traps for mice.
look one day something will kill each and every one of us, why kill other living things unnecessarily? espically when a non toxic non hazardous method is available? one that does not leave your home stinking?
So, should i just trap the coyotes that eat my chickens, take them out back and release them only to have them come back the next nite? I don't think so, Tim. I'll keep blasting the coyotes with the shotgun, and I'll keep blasting the black snakes, AND i'll keep snap trapping the mice. Thank you very much.

On Aug 23, 2:44�pm, "Steve Barker DLT"

bet a coyote moved 50 miles or 200 wouldnt find his or her way back.
we all survive on death, f living things for food, but killing just cause you can accomplishes nothing. and more mice are born constantly
you cant kill them all outside, you must harden your home so they cant get indoors......
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: ...

You volunteering to do that???

... The dead ones don't make any more, any way...
You're a pompous twit, aren't you?

Black snakes -- you kill them?
I thought those things killed RATTLESNAKES!
If I'm actually correct about that, I'd sure like a few of those living and active, right nearby.
Don't they also eat mice?
David
Try and reach for it with your peepee. oh wait, that's too short.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I can tell you've never experienced the joy of fingers clasped around a small, furry neck. We kill things because we're carnivores, because it's an evolutionary mandate, because we can. It's something we were born to do, something we have to do.
If genetically defective, one could get a cat.

i dont kill things so not everyone has too.
hunting to eat is ok, for so called sport just to kill is plainly wrong
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Okay, I'll play. Why is killing for sport wrong?
I'm thinking turkey shoots, varmit hunting (prarie dogs, nutria, rabbit), deer, predator hunting such as coyote and fox, destructive animals such as squirrel, some beavers.
And where do you draw the moral line? If it's an outrage to kill a dove, how about an ant? If one is squeamish about snap-traps for mice, why is it okay to second the job to a cat?
I don't think we're quibbling over killing, per se, just where one draws the line.

Where I come from, a "turkey shoot" was an event just before thanksgiving where the contest was TARGET-shooting, and the winners got TURKEYS.
YMMV
David

You're stupid.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I've had real good luck with those teeter-totter box traps baited with peanut butter. Resist the temptation to open the drop-down lid to see if anyone is in there- the mouse will run out over your hand and leap for freedom, startling the crap out of you. But I caught the same mouse the next night, no problem. Put the trap in a bucket, and released him in tall grass by the river in the park a mile away, on my way to work the next morning. An owl probably got him before I got to the office, but at least I didn't have to deal with the tiny little dead body.
-- aem sends...