hydroseeding

greetings, i will soon have my new septic field hydroseeded and i have a few questions. first of all, is it unusual to get a guarantee on the work, that grass will grow as along as the ground is prepped properly? also, as far as the actual spraying goes, is it best to spray a large area from one position or is it best to angle the spray head down to a more perpendicular position relative to the ground? what is the best grass type for a large shady area? i live in s.e. michigan and the weather can turn cold real quick, so if the ground is seeded and the grass starts growing and a hard frost comes will the seed/new grass die? finally, what's the deal with adding more dirt on top of mature trees roots? i have 2 large (70 ft.) oaks that had half of their roots covered in about 3 ft of dirt due to the engineered septic field installation. should i expect them to die due to the change in oxygen reaching the roots? thanks cj

Reply to
cj

I think you are worrying too much. Let them do the seeding, you follow their instructions about watering etc. and the grass will grow. Grass handles the cold weather just fine. What it has problems with are hot dry days.

Yea, the oaks may have problems, but since it is only half, you have a good chance with will be OK.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Oak trees are sensitive to any type of disturbance like that. I have a lot of oaks on my place and it's my experience that it doesn't take much to kill them. They might not die immediately but I would expect it to happen more gradually. If the soil on top of them doesn't do it then the compaction of the soil from the heavy machinery surely will.

Reply to
Lawrence

Remove the dirt from the trees, that is best. Perrennial grass seed goes dormant with frost, annual rye will die with a heavy freeze,as JM said you worry to much, worry about watering it and worry about the trees.

Reply to
m Ransley