hydraulic jack oil replacement

I don't have any hydraulic jack oil and my cheapo jack leaks like a sieve. What do you suggest is best replacement for the oil?
auto transmission fluid? brake fluid? power steering fluid? motor oil?
Me wrote:

10W30
Rule 1: Try 10W30, If 10W30 does not work apply rule 2 Rule 2: Try WD40. Rule 3: Give rule 1 another try
Me wrote:

Power steering fluid, although light hydraulic fluid is cheaper. I used light hydraulic fluid in my power steering that leaked like a sieve for a while to get me thru the winter until I could replace the leaky discharge hose.
If you have PS fluid already, if should work just fine (but it's gonna leak out too)
-Bob
zxcvbob wrote:

He could use the fix-a-flat...

Power steering fluid it is.
Thanks, Sherman
Me wrote:

"Best" would be to go buy some (it's inexpensive) and you could have gone and been back several times over by the time you asked... :)
As someone else noted, don't trust a jack that's leaking w/ <anything> even close to a pinkie-smash...
Me wrote:

You're welcome, Peabody.
http://www.motonews.com/tfs/_borders/peabody4.gif
Best regards, Bob
Anyone notice the large increase of trolling going on in here lately?

Honestly, a leaking jack wouldn't hold anything up

Get the used cooking oil from McDonalds.