Hy-Tech Attic Radiant Barrier Paint

I'm considering using this paint on the underside of my garage attic roof deck. I have asphalt shingles, and the underside deck surface temperature can be 130 degF in the summer. Even after the sun goes down, the heat soak in the shingles keeps the underside of the roof deck a radiator for hours.
I'm wondering how much temperature difference to expect on the roof deck underside.
Any experiences / real-life data with these paints?
<< I'm considering using this paint on the underside of my garage attic roof deck. I have asphalt shingles >>
If you reflect a lot of the heat back up through the roof structure, what do you suppose will happen to the asphalt shingles? A scheme with soffit and ridge vents might be more beneficial even if it's more trouble. Worth considering if you need your garage more temperate. HTH
Joe
I tried the ceramic additive on walls and my ducts as a test area , I could not measure a difference in temp. But there are different products out there.
On 29 Jan 2004 14:22:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam (Joe Bobst) wrote:

I just replaced a roof 8 years early, primarily because I didn't have ventilation on the bottom of my roof deck. I'm positive that you will drastically shorten the life of your roof with the radiant barrier. Don't do it or else provide a false deck with 2 inchs of sophit ridgevent ventilation . PJ