Hy-Tech Attic Radiant Barrier Paint

I'm considering using this paint on the underside of my garage attic roof deck. I have asphalt shingles, and the underside deck surface temperature can be 130 degF in the summer. Even after the sun goes down, the heat soak in the shingles keeps the underside of the roof deck a radiator for hours.

I'm wondering how much temperature difference to expect on the roof deck underside.

Any experiences / real-life data with these paints?

Reply to
Steve Cutchen

I tried the ceramic additive on walls and my ducts as a test area , I could not measure a difference in temp. But there are different products out there.

Reply to
m Ransley

I just replaced a roof 8 years early, primarily because I didn't have ventilation on the bottom of my roof deck. I'm positive that you will drastically shorten the life of your roof with the radiant barrier. Don't do it or else provide a false deck with 2 inchs of sophit ridgevent ventilation . PJ

Reply to
PJx