HVAC questions welcomed at alt.hvac

Page 1 of 2
alt.hvac is changing for the good. All questions home owner or pro or DIY welcomed

Yeah, if you want to get your ass FLAMED.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Wow. That must be horrible. I wonder if anyone has ever recovered from some usenet boob bitching...
Why are people so mean on alt.hvac? Jeez what a bunch of jerks!

J.A. Michel wrote:

There are only a few idjits. Ignore them, they're harmless.

That group has motivated someone to semi-officially (unofficially given that alt.hvac has no official anything?) post a killfile for that group that has at least largely only 3 or so notable bullies!
J.A. Michel wrote:

Who knows. Some people enjoy having power over others. Maybe they're afraid of losing their jobs. Maybe they need the power, because they were the ones who almost flunked out of high school.
What I don't understand is...If they really don't enjoy helping people...then why do they bother with usenet?
Mike
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

But on Usenet, nobody has power over anyone else, and so the jerk-offs on alt.hvac ("Paul, "Bubba", and company) don't understand the concept of Usenet.

To act out their psychopathic sadistic tendencies?
I think we should all stop posting here and go to althvac.
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:26:28 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Eat your wheaties this morning or something Ransley? Feeling a little bold and wanting to play in the "big room"? Not exactly a smart move but of course you are fee to play any "game" you wish. Have fun and I wish you luck Bubba
Right bubba, its the "game" , and a waste of time.
Bubba wrote:

Yet another content-free posting from the #1 jerk-off "Bubba" on alt.hvac! Hey "Bubba', it's Ok if he wants to play in the "big room", after all he doesn't have the pleasure of going to the "Big House" like you!

Still whinnin because no one will talk to you or give out free answers? Still cant find any friends Nexy? Get your furnace filter changed for $100 by a tech because you were too stupid to change it yourself? Things kinda suck to be you, eh? Bubba
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:26:28 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Good idea. You'll notice there are more and more positive post and over the last few months is finally drowning out the few bad troll's that was posted in the kill file.
Thier flames are going un noticed and resulting in better qualtiy group.

Found any friends yet Nexy or are you still just babbling to yourself? Bubba
this is Turtle.
The Mental Ownership of a piece of the internet is very great for Possessive People. What person or set of People can say they own a part of the internet. NONE but the ones who own it in their mines.
TURTLE
Larry F wrote:

ESR wrote instructions on how to ask questions the smart way.
Basically, do your homework--show you've put in some effort to answer your own question. Nobody was born knowing everything; the people you're asking to help you got help from someone in their past. Most folks remember this and repay their debts by helping others. These are the people you're looking for.
As for the assholes? People *do* have a right to be assholes if that's what they want. Don't worry about them. Take what you need and leave the rest. Keep coming back and more will be revealed to you when you are ready.
thrugoodmarshall wrote:

Sounds like Master Po. ;)

Hey! Watch it!!!
;-]

Anonymity is like alcohol. It brings out the worst in some people. It's in every NG.
Bob