Humidifier question

On a gas furnace what side is best to install the unit, hot or cold side? Thanks
Do you mean return vs supply ?
yes

On the hot side or supply side. You want the humidity to go out with the warm air.
Thanks Rich

Rick wrote:

With a bypass unit it uses both. :-)
Have you bought the humidifier already? If no you may want to consider what units are available. There appears to be a large gap in how happy owners are after a year or two between brands and models.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Follow the instructions in the package.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
..p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Followup set.
snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

Already did. Didn't help.

I didn't know that there were whole house steam humidifiers. I'll try to find some info about them.
Thank you very much for your help.

I am not promoting this brand, however Ive heard very favorable reviews from contractors who have installed them.
http://www.ewccontrols.com/steam_humidifier.htm

some cases) are running. If your furnace is not getting much run time, guess what, your not putting humidity in the air. Running your fan all the time might help a little but then you'll be paying more in electricity. Gofish has it right !

I am not disputing what Gofish said.
My original observation was that the General Aire 81 (evaporative pad), connected to the cold water supply was more than adequate while the Wait 6000 (flow through), connected to the hot water supply did a lousy job.
Steam humidifiers are something that I am not familiar with. I have to find a distributor in the Toronto area.
Aprillaire Recomends the use of hot water if you are using the humidifier on the cold air return duct or not geting enought humidity output.I've had two Aprilaire units and like them both. if you have hard water or softened water you pretty much have to have a drain type, other wise you could go back to the drum type. I'm assuming the manufacturer had you check the water flow from the discharge to make sure the unit was getting water ?