Howto Extend a portable dishwasher water snap-lock water supply line

I have a portable dishwasher, but the water supply line that sanp-locks onto the faucet is not long enough to use the dishwasher where I want it.

A lady in an orange smock sold me a brass M-M coupler, but when I tried to use it to connect an extension (actually a 4 foot length of washer supply hose - seems to be the same thing), there was quite a bit of leakage.

Since I used rubber gaskets and tightened the connection down quite a bit, I am guessing that the coupler solution is only for garden hoses, and not for higher pressure applications.

I know that I can probably easily cut the hose and making it longer with splicers and hose clamps, but I thought I'd ask for advice before doing anything non-reversible.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim H Pittsburgh PA

Reply to
Jim Helfer

Just a word of caution from somebody that had one for several years: you might not be able to do that. The hose also acts as an outlet for the waste water, and there's a pump in there that might not be able to push that far.

Oh yeah, added (cough)feature from mine, hopefully yours won't do the same thing: All of that pressure that they create in that water hose played pure *hell* with the cartridge in my faucet. I think I replaced it about every year because it started to drip, and the cold side never want bad once in that whole time.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Well thanks, but, I won't have that problem, as the water drainage is a completely separate (and very easily extendable hose).

Jim H Pittsburgh PA

Reply to
Jim Helfer