Howto Extend a portable dishwasher water snap-lock water supply line

I have a portable dishwasher, but the water supply line that sanp-locks onto the faucet is not long enough to use the dishwasher where I want it.
A lady in an orange smock sold me a brass M-M coupler, but when I tried to use it to connect an extension (actually a 4 foot length of washer supply hose - seems to be the same thing), there was quite a bit of leakage.
Since I used rubber gaskets and tightened the connection down quite a bit, I am guessing that the coupler solution is only for garden hoses, and not for higher pressure applications.
I know that I can probably easily cut the hose and making it longer with splicers and hose clamps, but I thought I'd ask for advice before doing anything non-reversible.
Thanks for any advice.
Jim H Pittsburgh PA
Jim Helfer wrote:

Just a word of caution from somebody that had one for several years: you might not be able to do that. The hose also acts as an outlet for the waste water, and there's a pump in there that might not be able to push that far.
Oh yeah, added (cough)feature from mine, hopefully yours won't do the same thing: All of that pressure that they create in that water hose played pure *hell* with the cartridge in my faucet. I think I replaced it about every year because it started to drip, and the cold side never want bad once in that whole time.
--
No more big'uns for me, now I'm a 'Venture Capitalist'.
I've learned to totally appreciate 'Small Firms'.
I-zheet M'drurz wrote:

Well thanks, but, I won't have that problem, as the water drainage is a completely separate (and very easily extendable hose).
Jim H Pittsburgh PA