How would you handle this situation?

Page 3 of 3
longshot wrote:

I considered initiating the suit. I may still do so. My time to repair will be 20.00 /hour plus materials. I don't think he knows he is in the wrong. I think he feels that he is in the right. I really do.
I don't think you can charge for your own time. you can however pay a buddy $20.00 per hour to do the work. wink wink
--
Be cool,
Longshot
betruger wrote:

George Macomber wrote:

it wouldn't look good in court. My goal is to make him look like the bad guy while I look like the good guy.
manhattan42 wrote:

Especially for the small amount involved.
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Possibly because it's true. According to the National Institutes of Mental Health, "violent" spousal abuse (serious bodily injury or death) is inflicted on the male partner 59% of the time vs. 41% for the female.
The gals only hold a small lead for "all" physical abuse, 51-49% ("all" includes the "violent" plus shoving, slapping, tickling, spanking, etc.).

I come late into this thread andf haven't read all the responses. My suggestion is that, before anyone lets a contrator do major work on the property, it may be a good idea to take as many digital photos as possible of the original condition on the property. Use the current newspaper with headlines as part of the image to establish the date in the photos. Perhaps do a video record too. This will solve a lot of "I said you said" disputes.

it's not hard to edit photos these days. I could add today's paper to a 20 year old photo & make it look authentic & I am no photographer.
Joseph Meehan wrote:

cancel policies based on "a claim or two." Worse, many insurance companies (e.g., GEICO) will no longer write new homeowners policies here. Worst of all, the few companies that still do so will not write a new policy if you have had a claim paid by any other company within the last five years (e.g., Allstate).
If OP has any doubts, I would strongly recommend he check with his state insurance commissioner's office or private attorney with expertise in insurance matters.
Paul in San Francisco
Paul MR wrote: ...

Excellent advive.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I, for one, am not aware of any usual mindless "women are home wreckers" joking that goes on here.
I don't see that you've added anything to the thread except to harass an otherwise decent and often helpful guy.
Please go away until you learn to play nicely with others.
Ken
Norminn wrote:

-> Long story short, I hired a contractor to remove three trees from -> my property and in the process he caused damage beyond the usual yard -> dings from falling limbs and trunks. He dropped a limb on my shed, -> breaking the shingles and wood sheeting. Dropped a limb on my yard -> rake, shattering it. Tried to hide both damages until I confronted him. -> He said, 'well the roof was old anyway'. It was but it was completely -> intact. He purchased in inferior POS rake to replace my broken one -> telling me that's all Home Depot had. -> That was a lie because I stopped at the same HD the same day and bought -> my replacement that was identical to my old one.<<snipped>>
You might want to ask about this in misc.legal.moderated. Let them know where you live. You'll get some solid advice there.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
Suzie-Q wrote:

Good idea. I will.

If possible you should also file a complaint with the BBB. The BBB may also be able to mediate this situation for you. In future you might consider joining Angie's List if they have a chapter in your area: http://www.angieslist.com/ and hopefully you'll be able to find a service provider that won't try to cheat you again. I only use service providers who have a good rating with Angie's List and the BBB. Good Luck, me
I sense that you need an attorney, not a news group post.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yes he does.... and he needs one pretty fast....
Bob G