how to wire a light switch

Hi all, I am trying to wire a new light switch but the back to the switch has 3 possible spots to put wires and I only have two wires from the light. They are labelled, 1 2 and loop. Anyone who may be able to shed some light on this??
With a continuity tester or multimeter, check to see which two terminals make and break as you turn the switch on and off

http://www.handymanwire.com/articles/3wayswitch.html
On 1 Apr 2006 00:04:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Unless one of those 'spots to put wires' is a green screw for a ground wire, you might have a three-way switch, and you seem to only need a single-pole switch.
I would highly recommend you get in contact with a peson more familiar with switch replacement. Just to be safe. :)
later,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com