How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

Wow. It learns. You just use it like you do the regular thermostat, and, it learns what to do.

It seems too good to be true.

Reply to
Danny D'Amico

What's a second-stage heat?

Googling for 'second stage heat', I find it's apparently related to heat pumps.

So, I guess I don't have that (since I never saw a heat pump in my life).

Reply to
Danny D'Amico

Heh heh ... I've got a microwave that needs a new "something", and all I know is that it's not the diode. :)

Reply to
Danny D'Amico

Heat pumps often have two "stages" of compressor or a resistive heating element for very cold weather. When this kicks in, the power meter goes into turbo-$ mode. Some thermostats kick in the second stage if the delta-t is two degrees or more. Not good, in most cases.

Yes.

Amazing. It's not just a Southern thing, though the electric rates (and the need for AC anyway) down here make them very attractive. My brother, when he was in N. Philly, had one in his house.

Reply to
krw

Hi, It has AI logic so it can learn the pattern of heat/cool cycles after a while.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Heat pump or forced air furnace or air conditioner has multi stage ones.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Then time to chuck it. Instead of trying to deal with HV x-former or magnetron, buying new one is wiser idea, IMO. Some times it's control touch panel(not cheap) or interlock switch problem.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Understood. The problem is the size of the darn thing has to be just about right in order to fit above the oven. Sigh. And black too.

BTW, I *am* dealing with microwaves in a different way, as today I was trying to get my rooftop antenna to connect to a Starbucks twenty miles away. I failed, but here's my signal strength to a nearby antenna only 3 miles away:

PS: I'm a frustrated latent wannabe war driver! :)

Reply to
Danny D'Amico

Well, I might fall off the roof working with this damn microwave antenna!

Reply to
Danny D'Amico

Your wife would short the thing out! :-)

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus