How to splice outdoor underground wiring?

I installed some outdoor post lamps. I am located in the Northeast and used PVC conduit and outdoor wires. At each lamp post, I used a junction box and spliced wires to power each lamp (I know, mistake, should have brought the wire all the way into the lamp and spliced there). Anyway, water is somehow getting into the junction boxes over the winter. During the summer, even with heavy rain storms, I do not have any problems. At the beginning of each summer, I have the to try and "blow out" the PVC conduits to dry the connections. Its tiime consuming and I have to dismantle the lamps to accomplish this.
Is there a better way to splice these connections with something other than wire nuts? Is there a way to make water tight connections?
Thank You.
Jack
They make wirenuts that are made for underground. Once installed, the entire wirenut (and splice) are sealed in a water-proof substance.
You should find them in Lowe's or Home Depot Electric department.
--James--
King one step is a gel filled wirenut for that purpose. Ideal also makes them. I believe HD has the Ideal nut

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

problem is whether its condensation or are junctions filling with water

Try these electrical splice kits. I've seen them at electrical supply shops:
http://www.uraseal.com/electric/index.htm

replying to jackso95, Sid in Sacramento wrote:

Not a electrician, but I would used electrical tape to wrap my wire nut connections, then I would gutter spray sealant to cover my boxes to keep water from penetrating my boxes...JMHO