How to repair darkened granite in the kitchen

3 years ago I installed granite countertops in our kitchen. The granite was bright yellow ("Madura gold"). Since then, the granite became visibly darker in the areas with a lot of water (eg around the faucet). Now we are thinking of selling the house, and would like to return the granite to something closer to its original color. Is it possible at all ?

Contact the place where you bought it for advice yet?

My only guess is laundry bleach
ivk wrote:

Stone gets darker when it is damp. Is it? Maybe try a hair dryer...
--

dadiOH

One more good reason to choose a laminate. Of course, that won't work for the fashionistas.
Joe

Generic chlorox is your best bet.

I am making an ass of myself by guessing that only fake granite darkens with age. Granite, if properly sealed probably should not darken. I know that my fake granite/quartz (Silestone - Montblanc, I think) has not darkened at all.
As mentioned, you might try in a not too obtruse place to let some bleach sit and see whether that lightens it up. OTOH, the manufaturer or installer should be able to help you restore the counter.
--
Best regards
Han