How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Hello All,

Can anyone help me figure out how to lift the entire top of my Kenmore washer up (or off) so I may gain access to replacing my faulty lid switch? I have no obvious screws to remove from the front like the pic shows in the common repair thread.

Thanks in advance. - Rick

Reply to
Rick

buffalobill

Thanks buffalobill, now how do I really remove those Kenmore plastic end caps??? I'm 99% to just breaking them off! I've taken off one screw from the top, but the bottom is securely in place.

Reply to
Rick

i don't know your model. some top loaders pry up at the front edge with a tape covered big screwdriver or stiff putty knife to force open the two spring metal latches.

Reply to
buffalobill

buffalobill

Thanks Buffalobill,

I've got a 110.26892690 model, apparently a Whirlpool. I've seen the fixitnow.com site but I can't seem to release the bottom of the plastic end-cap, as shown. I'll try a bit later, and try to release the spring caps, if it has those.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Rick

You can get exploded diagrams of your model washer on Sears' website.

Go here:

in your model # in box 2. Select your model on the next page and then select which diagram you want to see.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Got it! Had to bend the top of the plastic end caps up and toward me (facing the front of the machine). I thought I might break them but they came off without damage. I've got the panel rotated up, now I need to remove the switch wire from the clips underneath. I can see that the plastic screw mounting holes for the switch itself are cracked and consequently stripped. The screws were loose when I first saw them and they could not be tightened.

Reply to
Rick

Job complete!!!

I permanently joined the outside connector wires, saved $30, and am back up and washing. Probably like most, the plastic switch connection holes broke loose and allowed the switch to fall, preventing any continuity of the circuit when the lid was closed. Thanks All for the great help!

Reply to
Rick

Reply to
RXLAURI

Good Morning I have a Kenmore washer 80 series model# 11028812790 to change the switch and I can't remove the lid......can you help me

Reply to
Ms Curry

That is what is great about this group, when someone posts a reasonable problem and gets the answer and gets things working again!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Yes, once in a while it works out well. I do try to be part of the answer, some times. I'll admit, I do too much off topic. Sigh.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, It's package deal, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Anyone know how to do the same to a kenmore 80 series model 110.26822690? It sees to be different than all the ones I have seen.

Reply to
sublimelight1

May not help but found parts diagram here:

I'm learning to do a lot of stuff by googling.

Reply to
Frank

And Youtube:

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

That's where google will lead you if you are lucky. I used it myself this am to figure out how to update the service warnings I was getting. Change the oil yourself and car does not know it and keeps warning to do it..

Reply to
Frank

Reply to
bjvote56

Exactly! Put the screwdriver down and slowly back away from the washing machine. Call a pro.

Reply to
Handy Mann