How to remove top off my Kenmore 80 Series Model 110.xxx Washing Machine

Hello All,
Can anyone help me figure out how to lift the entire top of my Kenmore washer up (or off) so I may gain access to replacing my faulty lid switch? I have no obvious screws to remove from the front like the pic shows in the common repair thread.
Thanks in advance. - Rick
http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_11.asp
http://fixitnow.com /
Thanks buffalobill, now how do I really remove those Kenmore plastic end caps??? I'm 99% to just breaking them off! I've taken off one screw from the top, but the bottom is securely in place.
i don't know your model. some top loaders pry up at the front edge with a tape covered big screwdriver or stiff putty knife to force open the two spring metal latches.
Thanks Buffalobill,
I've got a 110.26892690 model, apparently a Whirlpool. I've seen the fixitnow.com site but I can't seem to release the bottom of the plastic end-cap, as shown. I'll try a bit later, and try to release the spring caps, if it has those.
Thanks again.
http://fixitnow.com/wp/2005/10/23/how-to-open-a-whirlpool-or-kenmore-direct-drive-washer-how-to-take-apart-washer-washing-machine-disassembly-washer-repair /
Got it! Had to bend the top of the plastic end caps up and toward me (facing the front of the machine). I thought I might break them but they came off without damage. I've got the panel rotated up, now I need to remove the switch wire from the clips underneath. I can see that the plastic screw mounting holes for the switch itself are cracked and consequently stripped. The screws were loose when I first saw them and they could not be tightened.
Job complete!!!
I permanently joined the outside connector wires, saved $30, and am back up and washing. Probably like most, the plastic switch connection holes broke loose and allowed the switch to fall, preventing any continuity of the circuit when the lid was closed. Thanks All for the great help!
You can get exploded diagrams of your model washer on Sears' website.
Go here: http://www3.sears.com/ Type in your model # in box 2. Select your model on the next page and then select which diagram you want to see.
Mike
Rick wrote:

replying to Rick, Ms Curry wrote:

Good Morning I have a Kenmore washer 80 series model# 11028812790 to change the switch and I can't remove the lid......can you help me
That is what is great about this group, when someone posts a reasonable problem and gets the answer and gets things working again!!!
On 8/17/2014 6:31 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Yes, once in a while it works out well. I do try to be part of the answer, some times. I'll admit, I do too much off topic. Sigh.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote: