How to remove this sliding glass door?

Page 2 of 2
So this project ended horribly. I managed to work the panel loose on one end but as I was working it, the outer pane (dual pane) shattered. Estimates to replace it range from $175 to $550. :-(

Based on the pictures of that door, I would probably replace the whole unit. Get a better looking and better operating door.
Yes, it will cost more but I think it will be worth it in the long run.