How to remove crank cover on ~20yo Andersen casement window

I want to remove all the hardware from a pair of casement windows so I can refinish the interior trim. Most things had obvious screws but the cover at the base of the crank handle doesn't have screws and isn't loose enough to just pull off. The previous owner likely had the same problem because the covers are cracked, I don't want to stress them more. The instructions on the Andersen site are for newer windows, I found some generic directions elsewhere on the web ("remove the crank cover") that didn't help very much. The picture at http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/repair/msg1018003822679.html it tantalizingly close but that cover has screws. Does anyone here know where the catch is that releases the old style (screw-less) cover? Can you give me a technique for removing it that won't break it? Thanks.
Chris

Sorry. Brain cramp. My operator cover *does* have screws but even with the screws out, it won't come off. There must be a catch underneath somewhere.

Similar brain cramp because in installed a couple of the Anderson Cranker's in a sunroom several years ago. BUT - as I recall, you removed the setscrew on the crank; removed a screw(s) on the cover; and then there was a mechanical detent on the bracket or the shaft the gave a little resistance. Try a little gentle pressure,
RonB

Got it off. The catch is in the middle of the top of the cover. I know that now because I got it apart but the way I got it apart was by loosening the bottom of the inside frame with a putty knife and lifting it up enough that the cover could rise off the catch.
On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 05:47:45 -0700 (PDT), Christopher Nelson

I very recently had to replace the crank/arm mechanism on an Andersen casement 20+yo. Even with the screws out there was no cover to come off. I had to pry up the horizontal trim piece which exposed three more screws when then allowed the unit to be removed.
Now, I don't know if the cover does remove independently of the other parts, but it doesn't look like it on my unit(s). Good luck