How to protect corner from people that drive over curb?

Page 2 of 2

Those links are worthless to anybody who isn't logged onto your home network.
How about enhancing the curb to be 10" concrete with no rounded edge? A 3'-5' boulder might also do the trick.

I'm thinking a single reverse spike, something like those panels that prevent entry into parking lots, except that its fixed and faces towards traffic. Presumably not a loss of control hazard as they should be coming to a full stop. Doesn't prevent people from doing stupid things but definitely makes them buy a new tire.
Bob F wrote:

Or a coffin.
Zootal wrote:

Put this on your corner:
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9853/claymoremine.jpg
Jon

I dunno...I live in a small welfare town in rural Oregon. I'm afraid I'd depopulate the town if I did that...which in retrospect may not be such a bad idea after all. Good way to clean up the gene pool and all that...

Those URLs are on *your* computer. We can't see them from here.

Stand on the corner, when they drive over the curb let them hit you, then YOU sue THEM! :)

On Sep 24, 8:50pm, snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

move the edge of the grass back a few feet and pave over the area making part of the sidewalk and then let it go..
Mark
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:59:39 -0700, Mark wrote:
[snip]

Those pictures seem to show a sidewalk that ends just before the corner. There's a few of those weird looking things around here.
--
91 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).