How to Glue Plastic Gear on Ice Maker?

I have a Whirlpool style modular ice maker. The end of the ejector shaft broke so the gear wheel (with metal contacts on the back) is not held on and the circuits do not close. I tried to glue the gear back on using plastic model cement but it did not stick at all. I also tried Krazy Glue which also did not work. What kind of cement is appropriate for this job?

Reply to
Bob Simon

on 4/22/2008 9:12 AM Bob Simon said the following:

A replacement part would be the most effective cement. Check with manufacturer's web site for parts. Whirlpool makes units for Sears (Kenmore), so you may find the part there.

Reply to
willshak

Bob Simon wrote on 22 Apr 2008 in group alt.home.repair:

It's probably a nylon gear. You can look for glue that works with nylon, or you can save yourself a lot of trouble and buy a new gear.

Reply to
Steve

I would just buy a new motror plate. I got mine from Midwest appliance parts (on the net) for about $35. They also have smaller parts

Reply to
gfretwell

I certainly would not bother. I might buy a new part, but repairing the gear is not likely going to work.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan