How to cut molding returns

How does one cut molding "returns" especially while working with small moldings? Using a table saw or mitre saw, the piece gets launched across the room!
I would appreciate any techniques you can offer.... Thanks

I've always just gone ahead and cut the returns on the CMS. When I was REALLY worried about an unintended launch I've either put a backing board on the saw which prevents the blade from grabbing the piece and reduces torn grain in the process. Or I've cut the return piece longer than needed so I could hold onto it, glued it to the matching moulding and cut off the excess after the glue dried. Both methods have worked for me although the first is obviously quicker.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
jwill wrote:

Buy a router bit with the same profile, and just clip the end off with it,
Tack the thing to a bigger chunk of wood, or cut it with a back-saw.
On 10 Jul 2003 12:09:06 -0700, john snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jwill) wrote:

A dovetail saw works well. If you don't have one, then a hacksaw blade works well.