How to clean brick?

I got some oil from a sump pump onto a ledge made of somewhat porous brick. Is there a way to clean this? Should I just use degreaser with a rugged brush?

Reply to
AE Todd

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:23:43 -0700, AE Todd imparted this wisdom:

Wet surface. Apply cleaning solution. Lightly scrub. Cover with burlap or old sheet or piece of towel. Wet covering. Keep it damp approx 24 hrs. Rinse and dry.

Reply to
Friendly

Dawn dishwashing liquid, water and brush.

Reply to
Phisherman