how to attach shower arm

I renovated the bathroom recently, and along with that comes replacing the shower head arm (old one is the wrong color now)

The new one is about 9" long and has a slight bend in it, intended to aim down. HOwever, when the thing is tightened in place, it's aiming down and to the left. I need it to aim straight down. How do I get it to do that -and- have it tight?

Reply to
Bob M.

You may be able to just turn it (ie loosen) w/o having it leak or be loose. Use second pipe wrench/pliers with a rag to hold the pipe it attaches to- don't need to break anything. If it does become loose, you'll have to remove and rewrap with teflon tape, then re-install.

Reply to
Sev