How much dirt in a load?

I need some topsoil. How many yards in a dump truck load?
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Six is pretty common for a small-to-average dump truck. Anything much bigger and you really don't want it backing onto your driveway or in your yard.
A very heavy duty pickup truck can carry almost 2 yards.
Best regards, Bob

I needed 4 cubic yards a few years ago. The big trucks the suppliers used wouldn't make a trip for that amount. But they dumped 4 yards for me when they were servicing a bigger customer. You can inquire.
As you know, trucks come in a variety of sizes. Serious operators tend to use big ones.