How much caustic soda to add to neutralizer tank?

My house has a Kinetico water softening system. The house also has a 30 gal neutralizer tank and a 45 gal retention tank. Well water ph is around 4.5 Presently I add 8 pounds of soda ash when I refill the neutralizer tank. I'd like to switch over to caustic soda. Can some one tell me about how many gallons of 25% (red cap) solution of caustic soda I need to add when I refill my tank? Thanks for your reply, George

Reply to
George C

"George C" wrote

Sorry I can't, but I will say you should have much more retention (time) than that 45 gallon tank can supply. If you're having trouble maintaining the correct pH, that is a more likely place to look than in changing chemicals. I think you may have about the same problem with caustic soda. I assume you don't have any type of mixer to mix the solution in the water line after your solution feeder pump has injected your manually mixed solution.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Bulletin Board

Gary Slusser