How many roof baffles do I need?

In the attic I have the the plastic baffles against each sofit vent, that is approximately every four feet.

Do I need more? There is not enough ventilation and I am trying to find a cause of it...

Thanks,

-Stan

Reply to
Stan

I was just reading a page on it if you want it send me your real address

Reply to
m Ransley

You need the baffle at location where there is an sofit vent. I don't think adding more will help.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Stan,

Best approach... Continuous soffit vent and a continuous ridge vent with minimum 1" airspace between the two.

Going by your explanation, you might need to add more soffit vents (and the baffles to match) and more roof vents (or a ridge vent).

Just my 2 cents...

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

Specifically, if you're using the foam channels, there should be one in each rafter-bay, with a soffit vent leading into it, sp that the entire underside of

the roof gets washed. What symptom leads you to say "there is not enough ventilation"?

--Goedjn

Reply to
default