How insulate over slab?

I have a tri-level house and want to insulate over the uninsulated slab. What I planned is outlined below. Please critique and give (helpfull) suggestions.
1. glue over current vinyl tiles 2 sheets 4 mill plastic. 2. make grid with 2x4's with 16" centers. 3. fill with fiberglass batting. 4. cover with 5/8" plywood 5. install composite flooring such as Pergo
Louis
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:44:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote (with possible editing):

FWIW, I'd do it a bit differently:
1. 4 mil plastic with adhesive below and above. 2. Put down 2" compressible styrofoam (same as used under concrete). 3. Apply 3/4" UL over foam with adhesive. 4. Your choice of flooring.
Advantages include:
1. Less loss of height 2. Much higher R value.
I included the 4 mil plastic, but I'm not sure it's needed. The vinyl tile and it's adhesive may effectively seal the existing floor. I would guess if you put some plastic over the existing floor and don't see any condensation inside of it, you may not need it.
-- Larry snipped-for-privacy@lmr.com