How do you work a water neutralizer?

It was left behind by the previous owner. No manuals, no instructions of any kind on the thing. It's a Culligan "Cullneu." We are on a well. I don't have a clue how to use it, but I got my first pinhole leak in a
3/4" copper supply pipe this week so now I guess I'm motivated. Anybody
able to offer advice? Thanks much. Here's some pics of the thing:
http://userweb.suscom.net/~tgolden26
Thanks,
-Rick
Rick in Pa wrote:

Check with Culligan, The7y should be able to provide a manual for you.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Rick-
The water in my area tends to be alkaline so I have no experience with the AN of which you speak
here are some links as a result of a Google search for
Cullneu. water neutralizer
&
culligan water neutralizer
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t 9712
this link gives the best discussion but you need to know your mineral type the media is not cheap if you buy it in small qty
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/plumbing/msg091809145387.html
http://www.plumbingstore.com/neutral .
http://www.plumbingstore.com/neutralreplace.html http://www.plumbingstore.com/neutral.html
sounds like you just replace the used up media with either
calcite (calcium carbonate) or corosex (magnesium oxide It is food grade magnesium oxide.) or some mix
the way way to tell if you got the right stuff is to check the pH of the raw water compared to the treated water, if you've gotten up near 7 you're probably ok
good luck Bob
Thanks Bob. Good information. I swear I did a couple Google searches-- you must have the knack.
yeah, my students call me the web wizard, at least to my face :)
I think they can be amazingly anal, stubborn & geekish behind my back
let me know what you finally decide about the neutralizer recharge (media choice)
cheers Bob