How do I tweet thee?

OT I know that to make a phone call, I need a phone or a cell phone.
And to text, I need a cell phone.
And to email, I need a computer or a cell phone or something in between.
And I know for Facebook, one needs the same as above. I know because my nom de plume has a facebook page and even though I have only one friend, I get email al most every day; How much email would I get if I had 30 friends on Facebooks. 30 a day?
But for gosh sakes, how does one tweet?
I've been walking around lately with my head down, looking on the ground for a portal, but I haven't found anything.
And if I reed someone's tweets, can I tweet them back so that they might actually see it? I know I'll want to.
On 11/27/2013 9:26 AM, micky wrote:

www.twitter.com
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I went there before I posted, but it seemed I had to log on, like you say, before it would tell me anything. I'm signed up for too many things already. I looked again now, and in itzy bitzy print at the bottom of the home page, I found About and Help. The first said little but the second said where one could tweet from, the same as an email, iiuc.
I had to Search for reply to a tweet , and among a small number of other hits, I got https://support.twitter.com/articles/119138-types-of-tweets-and-where-they-appear# and replies will appear in the intended recipients Mentions and Interactions tabs, so I guess that means he will see them if he looks at those tabs. That's probably okay, I don't expect my tweet to bang a gong over his head when it's time for him to wake up in the morning.
but the whole thing seems like too much trouble. I would have a hard t ime limiting myself to 140 characters anyhow.