How do I fix this window

Spent the weekend insulating windows with expanding foam. Did 13windows with no problem with help. On one window we used the wrong type of foam(fast expanding) and the window is now stuck almost closed. I ran a couple of passes with a reciprocating saw down each side of the window thiking the kerfs might give it enough room to move back into place but this did not help. This is suppose to be a swing out window but it will not even do that anymore. Help. Window is in our bedroom and we will be sleeping tonight with towels stuffed in the crack.

Reply to
Jimmy

"Jimmy" wrote

Mighty big crack. At least you won't fall in.

Reply to
Towel Master

I've found that a 1X4 strapped across my butt works well.

Reply to
PhotoMan

I think you hvae deformed the frame (jambs) and to simply relieve the pressure will not cause the frame to spring back into place. Suggest removing the sash completely and trying to apply pressure slowly in the opposite direction. Maybe with a hydraulic jack. If the window is aluminum clad, you will probably open up the miters in the frame corners and will need to recaulk them. Vinyl should be somewhat flexible but may break and need to be resealed.

Reply to
mike korenchuk

Thanks to those with intelligent answeres. To others you all should get together and stick your noses in each others arse, seems for what you are best qualified. Anyway about 3 oclock this AM wife and I were awakened by what sound like the window falling out of the house. Suspecting to find broken glass all over the floor there was none. Tried the window and it worked just fine.

Reply to
Jimmy