How are truss plates installed at a factory

Page 3 of 3
On Jan 3, 8:37am, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Real truss plates are different than the POS ones sold retail.
I have a friend who owns a truss yard...roof & floor trusses.
In a production situation, the truss pieces are laid out on a truss assembly table with guides, blocks & stops. The truss plates are "tacked" in their proper locations by a single corner with a sharp hammer blow. A large stiff "roller" that spans the complete truss is made to travel over it...pressing the plates home. (keep your fingers clear!)
http://www.mitek-us.com/Machinery/Truss_Assembly/RailRider_Pro /
Mitek is the mfr of plates my friend uses... they are the "biggie" in the industry (at least as far as I'm aware)
cheers Bob

Large rollers or hydraulic rams.