House painting\priming

My house needs painting and I am being told that I need 2 coats of paint without priming. The walls are in OK condition, 25 years old that were initially primed and painted twice over the years with Benjamin Moore Satin impervo. He will use the same paint again. I have peeling around AC ducts on the ceiling. Do I need to insist on priming again? Looking forward to all of your opinions.
MH wrote:

Peeling at A/C grills is probably due to seating of uninsulated duct or boot. Have those areas insulated * carefully * . If you have no bear spots, and are using the same paint, prime coat is probably not needed. Two coats may be for coverage if you are changing color. Paint formulas change over time, so the quality of the paint may have changed since you last used it. TB
What do you mean by bear spots? Bad damage?

Are you sure Ben Moore Satin Impervo Oil was used on the walls, it is the best most expensive satin finish oil trim paint made. If it was you must wash and sand the walls, but its maybe 35-40+$ a gallon. Why 2 coats, are you rich, is the color change that much, is your painter crappy, or are you just a sucker. Satin Impervo will stink and likely make you sick for weeks.
Yes it was satin impervo and it washes like a dream. The question is should I prime and put one coat or just 2 coats which he suggests.

Wash it good, sand it good , paint one coat if color is similar. That is very good paint, no need to go to the extra expense of 2 coats or a primer unless your color change is so dramatic it just does not cover. Penetrol as thinner will help it flow out better. That is going to stink for a long time-weeks, move out for a few days..
Primer is important for new walls or repaired areas. It is not needed on walls that have already been painted. Read the paint can label and follow the instructions.