Hot Tub suggestions

Folks,
Forgive me if this is an inappropriate group for this, but a search on deja seemed to list this group a few times for this kinda thread....
We're looking to get a hot tub, and really want one to seat 4 people. However, as far as I can tell, most 4+ seaters are around the 200cm x 200cm mark. Can anyone suggest a make and model that seats 4 (or more!) where at least one of these dimensions is a bit lower, say 200 x 160?
Thanks
Steve

How small is your back yard that this is an issue? The basic idea behind having a hot tub is to go there to relax and be comfortable. If you plan on having 4 people in it, you should be looking for one that "says" it is for 6 people. Otherwise, you are defeating the whole thing.
CWM
The only ones I'm familiar with in that dimension are the jetsetters on this page http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Selector/index.html BUT they only seat 3.
--
Steve Barker

"Charlie Morgan" <*@*.com> wrote in message

They are more trouble, and can't be heavily insulated, but many wood tubs would meet your requirement.
Bob

Sorry this is in Imperial, but I have an eight footer and a seven footer. The seven footer is great for two people. The seven is adequate for four, and less to heat.
You can stack people in there, and people can sit on other's laps. But the point is to get in there and relax and stretch out, and not all be scrunched up like eight people in a phone booth.
Steve
Amen to that, brother. The Hot Spring Grandee is 500 U.S. gallons (1,890 litres) and although it's rated as a 7 adult tub (and that's a conservative number by industry standards), I tend to believe four is a more comfortable number. The foot well is likely to be the critical factor here and the Grandee is extremely generous in this regards -- I love to stretch out in a tub without playing footsies with the person beside me and I certainly don't want anyone's elbow in my face.
When comparing tubs, take the number of gallons/litres and divide by the number of seats and that metric will tell you just how each stacks up. And unless you're all midgets on a diets or human contortionists, more is better and a lot more is even better yet.
Cheers, Paul

The basic cylinder, like a standard wood hot tub, makes a big difference because you can stretch out your feet under the opposite seat. A 5 foot tub can easily hold 6-8 people.
Bob
The "on the lap" thing is not too bad, depending on who's on who's lap. <G>
--
Steve Barker