Hosing off toilet bowl

Page 1 of 2

This is kind of gross but here goes: I've installed a American Standard Champion based on reviews it's had concerning its flushing abilities. I've found they were accurate... to a point. Anything in the bottom of the bowl WILL go down in one flush every time. What it doesn't do so well is rinse the sides of the bowl.
I'm trying to come up with a way to add some sort of hose assembly to the stainless steel supply line that would allow me to hose off the inside of the bowl as required. I saw something made in the UK but it refers to poking through a 15cm solid supply line with a saddle valve .... which I don't think will work with the braided steel line I have from Lowes.
Anybody got any ideas? Smart asses need not reply though I know it's going to kill you to keep quiet.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Dear Hosed:
Lots of ways to do what you want. Kinda depends on what the present incoming supply looks like. And what you will be comfortable doing.
Here's one approach. This assumes you have 1/2" Copper pipe out of the wall/floor: http://dnp-inc.com/cgi-bin/online/store.php Scroll down to "CR-19 Dual Angle Stop"
No soldering, it's compression fitting to the incoming 1/2" Copper. Then has a separate valve handle for the toilet supply (flex) and one for the "hose".
Jim
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message

Way too complicated, although admittedly, I've cooked up crazier plans than this over the years. My current recommendation: Plastic spray bottle. Put some hot water in it, adjust to "stream" (instead of "spray") and use that as your "hose". Under five bucks. No demolition, plumbing or construction helicopter needed.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Doesn't a regular toilet brush do the job using the water standing in the bowl?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Aye. That is the problem with the low volume flush toilets. A very small pool of water. Anything that lands outside that pool puts on a skid mark and those don't come off with just flushing. Toilet brush is the only way I have found.
Harry K
Harry K wrote:

Exactly so. I've gotten tired of having to use the brush after every dump. Pretty disgusting if you think about it.
Anyway, I think the way I'm going to go is one of those plastic spray deals like you use to spray lawn chemicals... one that I can pump up the pressure as needed. Somebody pointed out I was working way too hard looking for a solution. I'm known for my ability to turn a 15 minute project into an all day ordeal.
If I'm not satisfied with that, then I can always go with the double outlet angle stop. I didn't know those even existed. In any case, I'm going to try the lazy man's way first.
I thank all who replied.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

http://www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us/wt/wtcon/Toilet%20rebate%20program%20page_files/ToiletPerformanceRatings2005.pdf
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message

http://www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us/wt/wtcon/Toilet%20rebate%20program%20page_files/ToiletPerformanceRatings2005.pdf
OK. I was wondering if it was the Consumer Reports tests. It's trendy to not trust them at the moment because of their child seat gaff, but their toilet tests seemed pretty thorough (and creative) when I read them a few years back.
what was the deal with the child seat thing? You know it's also trendy to dispute consumer reports when so many people have purchased unwisely.
--
Steve Barker

"JoeSpareBedroom" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Here: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/portal/site/nhtsa/menuitem.9f8c7d6359e0e9bbbf30811060008a0c/
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Somebody pointed out I was working way too hard looking for a solution.

It seems appropriate for me to interject at this point that where I come from that sort of activity is referred to as "gilding a turd". <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Certainly. The OP can also clean the bowl, clear of water and put some type of wax, say a fine coat of car wax or sort in the bowl and buff it up.
Slippery Slopes.... (G)
-- Oren
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

I installed a shower wand with a 6' hose in the tub right next to the toilet. It's long enough to use it to rinse the bowl.
Bob
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote in message

I've
bowl WILL

sides
the
think
going to

The hose idea is one that might work out OK but here is another for your consideration. A little micro switch on the seat or a IR sensor to detect when someone's butt is parked on the seat will open a valve that squirts water into the overflow tube inside the tank. This will cause water to flow and wet the porcelain bowl. This might be enough to prevent the skid mark from sticking.
Out of curiosity do you have the long bowl or the short bowl?
--

Roger Shoaf

Roger Shoaf wrote:

Elongated. I've also had a gastric bypass which is what has created this problem. Anybody who's had one will understand what I mean.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

I have done a little thinking about this problem and it seems to me that if you were to have a ring fabricated that could sit between the tank and the bowl, this would be a good point to bring in an alternate water supply. This would dump water directly into the bowl and the only other thing you would need is two or three longer bolts and an additional gasket.
Speedy Jim may have something to say about the anti siphon requirements, perhaps a check valve or something would also be needed for code requirements.
Also you might try flushing before you sit, that way the bowl would be wet and the skid mark may not stick.
--
Roger Shoaf
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:01:20 -0500, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote:>I'm trying to come up with a way to add some sort of hose assembly to the

It should be easy enough to cut into the 3/8 inch supply tube to the toilet tank and insert a 3/8 inch T connector to provide the extra water source. The trick is how to attach a hose with a on-demand nozzle. The solution that comes to mind is to attach a 3/8 inch kitchen faucet spray hose. Therefore the T connector should have a 3/8 inch compression fitting on each end of the straight section and a male 3/8 inch screw end on the 90 deg branch that should accept the kitchen faucet spray hose (pipe thread?). Come to think of it I may even modify my toilet likewise. I am pretty unhappy that I have to pull the full four gallon flush for a pee. I should be able to use less water with the sprinkler.
On Feb 26, 8:01 pm, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote:

You could replace it with a power flushing one. Or, the low volume ones have two flushes stored in the tank, and after the first one, you can hold down the lever to get another flush right away, that might finish the job.

Do yourself a favor buy a old 3.5 gallon water waster from canada or in the US they are legal again.
power flushers sound like a rocket taking off, flushing during the nite will wake everyone.