hose bibs

I'm running copper pipe for 2 hose bibs. What do you think about running a 12" line and splitting it to each bib. Seeing as both bibs will probably not be run at the same time, is this ok? Does code allow this, or do I have to run 3/4 pipe to the T, then 1/2 line? Thanks, Greg

I think a 12" line would handle about anything 6" or less.
Steve
Make that 1/2" line, not a 12" line in my original post. Thanks SteveB Mr. PB!

If only running one at a time 1/2 should do fine might be a bit small for 2 at a time.
Jim,

Which may be the problem. Suppose Greg does this and then sells the house. Will the new owner know that he can only run one bib at a time. He should do the job right.
Dave M.

If it's simply a way to avoid attaching a hose wye connector, I don't see where it would be a problem.

Most wye's have less flow rate than2 hose bibs running together if you have ever run 2 taps at once while that is sorta the flow rate, Also the right way would be to have 3/4 mains in the house branching to 1/2 but if all he starts with is 1/2 inch then thats it least he wants to replumb the house as 1/2 to 3/4 cuts pressure
A 12" line seems a bit over kill for residential.

I never knew hoses wore bibs? Must just be the juvenile hoses, huh?
it will work greg. but like others have said, if you run both at once you wont have much flow... if that doesnt matter,go for it.lucas