Horizontal TV Antenna Separation

Be careful, a lot of the antennas marketed as "Digital" or "HD" are actually *less* capable -- some only mention "UHF" in smaller print. While many VHF stations moved to UHF as part of the transition, many did not. Some only moved from VHF-lo (2-6) to VHF-Hi (7-13), but a few markets still VHF-lo stations. So there are a lot of markets that still require a VHF antenna (including where I am, with channels 9 and 10 still in use, and those are the ones I have the most trouble receiving with my indoor rabbit ears), and the antenna makers are lying when they don't point this out on the box.
Josh

Yes, but ....
Your standard "old style" TV antenna effectively combined the main signal with "delayed" versons of the same signal. (The "delay" was on the order of nano seconds.) Since a lot of the information is a digital signal is is subtle phase shifts ...
There are "bed spring" UHF antennas which combine signals from several elements with each element seeing the same phase.

The old antennas are just rebadged to Digital from my searches, post a refrence to this delay theory, I havnt heard about it.
Frank McElrath wrote:

This is similar to windmills in parts of West Texas. Sometimes there's only enough wind for one.

First off, what is wrong with your present antenna? Does it get good signal now? If it does, you could probably feed another TV with a splitter and still get decent signal strength. If not, then you should put in an amp close to the antenna. You won't know until you try.