"hinge" for lift top cocktail table?

I've wondered the same thing. You can always look for a crapboard? table with a damaged top (since the top will be unrepairable, it should be really cheap) and build your own solid wood top for it. The frame and legs should be OK.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

nospambob

I've seen several living room tables where you could pull up on the top and it would lift up about 10 to 12 inches and a bit closer to the sofa. This is a triangular table that moves toward one point when lifted.

All the tables like this I've found would be perfect for our livingroom, but are made with REALLY crappy pressboard & paper veneer.

I'd like to build my own version of this table, but I don't know what the "hinge" they use is called.

Does anyone know what this hinge is called and where I could get one?

Reply to
Noozer

Something like this?:

Grandpa Koca

....and OUCH!

Reply to
Noozer

Well, they are a bit proud of their stuff, but at least you know what its called. Look around at other places for something a bit cheaper. Or you could just buy the particle board stuff for the hardware and make your own that way.

Reply to
Grandpa Koca