high voltage outlet

I want to put one of those super high powered air conditioners in my dining room..

There is a high-power outlet in the dining room. However, I have never seen an outlet like this before. It looks like a 230/30 amp plug, but twice the size. It is friggin huge.. I am comparing this to the high- voltage plug I have upstairs..

Is this a 230/30 amp plug that I can just swap out with a new plug that will fit?

Reply to
Chris

Can't see it from here ( :) ), but sounds like it could be the UK type, perhaps? Otherwise, w/o a picture or more definitive description I'm at a loss...

What is the rating for the unit to which it's attached?

--

Reply to
dpb

Could be a 40A dryer or range outlet. Could be a lot of things but I can't see it. Did you check the voltage? The breaker? The wire size?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

go to

pick what you have and post back

Reply to
Reed

Hey. I got some pics.. but, I can't figure out how to send them through this newsgroup.. If anyone wants to see them, email me and I will reply back with pics.

Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris

and.. in taking my pics, I see that the outlet in question sez HEMA and 250 V/ 30 AMP, but it is much bigger than the other outlet in my bedroom, although the outlet openings are the same configuration.

Reply to
Chris

Chris wrote in news:70295aee-4969-442d-b408- snipped-for-privacy@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

Go to:

and post pic. No registration/agreements. Just upload and it'll give you a link back. Post link here.

Reply to
Red Green