Her Water Broke

My fiance just called and told me her water broke. I told her to shut off the valve and said I'd find someone to take care of it for her. I am not sure what broke. I didn't want to stay on the phone with her so I could get busy trying to locate a plumber or something. I said I'd call her back as soon as I could find someone. But I'm not sure what to do.
She is renting her apartment so I am not sure if I should call a plumber or offer to do the repair myself. I am handy and can almost always fix plumbing, but I dont want to cause her problems with her landlord. I'm not all that worried about the landlord because her lease expires in 2 months when she plans to move into my apartment, but I know her landlord takes forever to do anything and my fiance is pregnant and due any day, so I want to be sure she has working plumbing.
Besides that, she sounded real hysterical when she called and I know she has been real stressful lately so I just want the plumbing to work without a big hassle, or having to wait a long time.
What would you do in this situation? Please reply ASAP because she sounded so upset I want to decide quickly what to do, and get something arranged. I think she told me her landlord was going on vacation this month anyhow, so he's probably not even around.
Larry
My wife is concerned that your serious:(
Sounds like its time to take her to the hospital and add a screaming baby to your home
congrats your going to be a dad
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:11:01 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@hootmail.com wrote:

On the contrary, this sounds like the landlord's responsibility to me. I don't think you should try to repair anything the landlord is responsible for, or you might make it worse, and then you will assume some of the landlord's responsibility.
He may even have caused the leak in the first place.

snipped-for-privacy@hootmail.com wrote:

Hi, When I read the subject header, I thought baby is on the way, LOL!
Um guys, I believe this is a spoof / joke.
Really!

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:11:01 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@hootmail.com wrote:

Id rush over and go "bang on her pipes" a bit. The leak has probably quit so its not like you are going to hurt "them" any now.
you dont have to "rush" her to the hospital broken waters are fine for 24 hours after that theyll ussually induce.
It was probably the fault of the previous plumber. Or maybe the landlord. Possibly the electrician, mailman, cable guy, or random stranger. Be careful, as it can easily become your responsibility now.