Help sizing undermount kitchen sink?

Just installed new cabinets and my sink base is 33". I want an SS undermount double well sink. The model I'm looking at shows its maximum width as 32 1/4 which leaves a whopping 3/8" on either side.
Can any knowledgeable kitchen installers please help identify the widest dimension sink I can fit?
Thanks
On 7/2/2013 1:39 PM, BobMCT wrote:

The spec's for the sink should show a clearance needed...if not given, ask the vendor/distributor. It'll vary some based on the actual mounting hardware used/lip design.
Bob,
3/8" does not sound like enough room for sink mounting hardware. The sink clips I'm familiar with take about an inch. Get a smaller sink.
Dave M.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you have...
When you say the "sink base" in 33” I assume you mean the base cabinet. The cut out in the countertop is what you need to be concerned with.
Seems to me that you wouldn't want a sink that is as wide as the base cabinet because you want support under the countertop on both side of the sink. Besides, you need room inside the cabinet to attach the sink to the counter top.
See here...you'll note that the cut out is much smaller than the base cabinet:
http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-install-an-undermount-kitchen-sink/index.html
Am I missing something?
On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 1:39:13 PM UTC-5, BobMCT wrote:

2 1/4 which leaves a whopping 3/8" on either side. Can any knowledgeable ki tchen installers please help identify the widest dimension sink I can fit? Thanks
You must find a narrower sink unless you know something that no one else kn ows.