Help replacing Hot Surface Ignitor on Carrier 58PAV

Hello all.

My gas furnace went out yesterday. It's flashing code 14. I opened it up today, and saw a crack on the Hot Surface Ignitor (HSI).

I'm thinking of replacing it myself. However, neither the user manual I have from Carrier or their online version has a diagramed instruction on how to replace it.

Do you know if there is a place on the net that shows how one goes about replacing a HSI on the Carrier 58PAV?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
luwang20

Hi, You unmount it by removing the screw. Do the reverse. If it is not an OEM direct replcement one, you may have to splice lead wires to keep the original connector. My furnace is carrier too. I always kkep a spare one. It's 120V AC driven. Make sure you turn the power off to the furnace.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony:

Thank you very much for the info. I have a power switch inside the furnace closet, can I simply turn that off? It actually turns off the light inside the furnace. I couldn't figure out how many or which screws to remove. Where do you usually get your replacement HSI? Thanks again.

Reply to
luwang20