Help Refinishing/Resurfacing Concrete

Help me out here. I am currently walking on concrete in my house. I had two dogs that destroyed my carpet so I ripped it out of every place in the house thinking I could just polish the concrete and viola I have a new trendy floor. That was a big mistake. I have glue and paint all over the concrete and it is almost always dirty. I am at my wits end for trying to refinish the concrete I have tried renting a floor buffer with a coarse scrubber pad to no avail. So now I am thinking about either 1 using my power washer and wet dry vac to power wash the concrete or 2 to use my sander and working my way from 60 grit to 320 grit sand paper and water to wet sand the concrete? Am I on crack or is that something to try?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mmahon512

Perhaps this article will give you some of the basics of polished concrete:

You can also acid stain concrete:

DanG

Reply to
mebe3d

You are definitely on crack. You need to do some research on the net about concrete refinishing. There is plenty of info out there. You could just bite the bullet and have a contractor do a 1/4" overlay (you cannot do this yourself without an experienced crew and a significant investment in equipment). You can probably achieve something that you could live with that you could do yourself. Check out concrete grinders.

Robert Allison

First your going to have to clean the gunk of it. I had this problem before and used paint stripper, wire brushes and a lot of elbow grease. If the stripper starts to dry on you, add some water to it so you have kind of a slurry.

Kurt

Reply to
mebe3d