Help! Gas furnace ignition goofed?

Its a 16 year old heil gas furnace with clicking (piezo starter?)
1. The thermostat turns on the furnace ok 2. The furnace clicks on the ignition flame with clicking and the burners come on ok.
BUT!
3. The clicking never stops, and continues randomly and rapidly even with the burners on.
4. Often the burners get extinguished due to rapid clicking as the ignition (I think) for a second turns off the gas and attempts to re-start the burners again and they do come on again within 2 seconds or so.
5. This whole burners going on-off and clicking stops when the thermostat turns off the furnace / target temperature has been reached.
help!
Regards, Jim B.

Check with friends, relatives, nieghbors, co-workers......see who they recommend.
........and call a competant HVAC company in to resolve the issue.
--
kjpro
=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_=-_

Do you think the ignition is bad.. Can I replace it?
thanks! JB
Possible, ?? could possibly be whatever triggers the ignition too. I am not a hvac man, play one at home tho sometimes............lol, These guys usually won't tell you nothing, I guess its for good reason tho......... A Gas furnace, does of course have the potential to be VERY dangerous! Sometimes if you read between the lines you can learn something tho.......... Again, I'll probley get hell, but might want to try Taping ,(Taping now, not beating the shit out of,..........lol) the ignition box when it is doing that.
Tony D.

not
Hit with a hammer! It won't help! Greg
No, A little stick, The Hammer was for the dryer motor above, Pay attention...........LOL.....:>) Tony D.

reason

Before you go and start changing parts (that probably isn't the cure), call someone that can diagnose the problem and fix it.
It will be cheaper to do that, then to change parts you can't take back.

--
kjpro

The ignition is most likely ok.After all, it is lighting! Greg
Hi Jim, hope you are having a nice day
On 22-Feb-04 At About 18:32:27, Jim Brown wrote to All Subject: Re: Help! Gas furnace ignition goofed?
JB> From: jim snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Jim Brown)
>> Check with friends, relatives, nieghbors, co-workers......see who >> they recommend. ........and call a competant HVAC company in to >> resolve the issue.
JB> Do you think the ignition is bad.. Can I replace it?
The problem is that there is no way to tell without being there to test it.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. There is much Obi-Wan did not tell you.