Help..>Basement Flooding Question

Hello,
I had some limestone delivered to my home (7 cubic yards to be precise), and they dumped it on my driveway right beside the house. It has been raining for 3 days and we've been unable to do the patio work we had planned. As such the mountain of limestone is still on my driveway. Tonight, when I went down to the basement the carpet is soaked! Could the limestone be the problem, or contributing to some other pre-existing foundation problem? What should I do to resolve the problem.
Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Sue.
Hello,
I had some limestone delivered to my home (7 cubic yards to be precise), and they dumped it on my driveway right beside the house. It has been raining for 3 days and we've been unable to do the patio work we had planned. As such the mountain of limestone is still on my driveway. Tonight, when I went down to the basement the carpet is soaked! Could the limestone be the problem, or contributing to some other pre-existing foundation problem? What should I do to resolve the problem.
Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Sue.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That's alot of limestone! I would guess that perhaps the pile of limestone is causing the rainwater runoff to head toward the house instead of away from the house (or at least not letting it get away from the house as it normally would). Do you see more than normal puddles of water (or ground saturation) between the house and the pile?
Worst case (although unlikely) is that the foundation was damaged somehow by the truck or by the dumping of the limestone. I guess I would keep an eye on the basement AFTER you remove the limestone. Hopefully the moisture problem goes away then and all is clear.
Good luck, Richard
Richard Thoms
the friendly limestone is showing you the evil leaking foundation. see 9 pages at this link and then read thru the website until every basement question is answered in great detail: http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/foundations/basement_insulation_systems.pdf
Hmm, how are we supposed to know exactly where the limestone pile is, which way the ground is pitched, or how the water is flowing?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Where are you?
If you're in New England or upstate New York you may simply be seeing what an unusually long and heavy rain event does to you, and the limestone in your driveway is but a (as we say) co-ink-ee-dink.
Cheers, Banty