HE Washer

Page 2 of 2
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:34:17 AM UTC-7, bob haller wrote:

Buy Speed Queen.
On 10/6/13 8:34 AM, bob haller wrote:

From Consumer Reports.
Top Loaders rated Best Buys:
LG WT1101CW $700 Samsung WA422PRHD[WR] $750 GE GTWN7450DWW $800 Samsung WA400PJHD[WR] $700
Front loaders rated Best Buys:
Whirlpool Duet WFW70HEBW $800 LG WM3070H[W]A $900
Electric Dryer rated Best Buy
Kenmore 6800 $800
Gas Dryer rated Best Buy
Kenmore 7800 $900

My Speed Queen (about 2-3 years old) takes about 30 minutes for a load.
Cindy Hamilton

“The scary part is all those strange functions and valves sequencing. How long before a breakdown?”
Just pretend you bought a new car and you’ll be fine.
On 10/6/2013 12:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If it helps, I've owned a Whirlpool Duet (front load) HE for 10 years now. Not one problem.
The rinse cycle is pretty entertaining though. :)

same here

On 10/6/2013 1:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

From what little I've heard, I'd suggest the warranty.
I think they also use special detergent, and very small portions of that.
On 10/6/2013 10:46 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm leaning that way as it gives me 6 total years of coverage for the cost of one service call with a cheap part. No deductibles. Given the reputation of the new machines, it may be a bargain.
Many of the detergents now are made for HE machines as it can be used in regular machines also.
On 10/06/13 01:53 am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We bought a Kenmore (Frigidaire under the skin) front-load washer about 12 years ago and added the extended warranty. After about three years it quit, and the circuit board had to be replaced; repair guy said the board would have cost more than we paid for the warranty.
When the bearings and seal went (after the warranty had expired), I replaced them myself. I wrote about it on this ng at the time.
Uses very little water and detergent but washes well.
Perce
On 10/6/2013 1:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I just (as in 3 days ago) got a new washer. I'd been thinking of getting a HE, but eventually decided against it. The old (how old? inherited when I bought the house) Whirlpool suddenly started violently banging. That's when I noticed the water coming up in the toilet with each bang! So after getting my sewer line replaced, I went for the cheaper machine! Figured that for one person who does one or two loads a week, it would take a long time before I noticed any savings on the water bill. Plus when I thought it through, as high tech as it looked, I wouldn't use 18 settings for laundry. I'd probably use the same 3-4 I've always used (medium, large, cold, warm). Being gun shy with things breaking lately, I did get the EW, but for this machine it was 100 for 5 yr, and the local repair guy charges $90 just to come to the house.