hardwood on concrete slab

Why can't hardwood be glued to concrete?
Laminate flooring is thinner than hardwood and you can glue it.
Nomorealcohol wrote:

Laminate flooring is floating above the concrete slab on a thin layer of combination moisture/noise barrier. I didn't know any type of flooring gets glued to the concrete.
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:23:47 -0500, badgolferman wrote:

MAny types of floring are glued to concrete slabs. Wood being one of them
Lou W wrote:

Okay, thanks for pointing out my ignorance. Besides tile and vinyl I didn't think wood gets glued to concrete. I thought there is some sort of plywood material you nail the hardwood floor to.
badgolferman wrote:

You're stupid. Change your name to "lousyhomerepairadvisorman"
badbreathman wrote:

<ahh...>

Hey, M R, what's your freakin' problem?!?

Not a question of thickness, but of moisture coming from the slab. With a barrier, engineered woods can be put down. They are a plywood system that has less shrinking and expansion that regular wood flooring. Laminates are plastics and have less yet and less of a problem with moisture. Ed