hardiplank vs cedar

i need to replace quite a bit of wood trim on my house, it is painted cedar now. eave trim will be cedar for continuity, but if i replace an entire window box, should i do it all in cedar or hardiplank? its cost vs ease of installation, i will do it all myself. it just seems easier to cut and nail cedar.
any input? i plan to sell in 2 years.....
david www.dcgphotography.com
Hardiplank is heavy, and is very difficult to both cut and nail. It is probably more expensive than cedar too. However, a quality paint job might last 20 years on hardiplank. If you are selling soon, you are probably better off with cedar.
JK

There are many thicknesses of cedar siding. I had thin crap on my previous house and it was worthless. When comparing pricing make sure you are looking at a high quality cedar material.

I've used hardiplank and must say I really didn't too much of it.
And was told by the lads at the lumber yard that it is not as waterproof as the manufacturer would have you believe.
I would stick to the cedar and remember to prime both sides.
It really does make a difference in how long it last and how long paint stays on.

I've put up a ton of Hardiplank. It's easy to handle, cuts nicely, nails well, and takes paint wonderfully. It won't rot or be eaten by termites -- it's made out of cement and fiberglass.
They make a special tool, like powered scissors, to cut Hardiplank/Hardiboard, but you can cut it with a circular saw just as well. Special blades are available, or you can just turn a regualar wood blade around backwards. You'll get a lot of dust (it's made out of cement and fiberglass), but that's a small inconvenience.