Hard wired motion-sensing light?

I have a detached studio which has a motion sensing light above the front door. There's a switch inside the studio which activates this light. I always, without fail leave it in the on position.
Now, I want to put a switched outlet in the studio. I would really like to avoid cutting into the wall to add an additional switch. I am hoping to just hard wire the outside motion-sensing light to a constant "on position" and reuse the freed up switch to run the switched outlet. Since the ceiling is not yet finished, I could easily run the new wires for the switched outlets down from the framing header and save considerable time.
Are there any downsides to hardwiring the motion-sensing light? The fuse box is nearby in case I need to do any work on that fixture, so I'm inclined to just let 'er rip.
Any thoughts?
-Todzilla
You can get a "combination two single pole switch" which is two switches that fit in a single gang box, and solve both problems. If you hard wire the motion sensor and you get a momentary power failure, the lights will stay on until the power is turned off to reset the unit. Other than that its not a problem