Handy Tricks

Just throwing this out.... if you ever need to know the rough level of a tank of some kind of liquid - emphasis on "rough" level - pour hot water on the side and then feel the surface. Above the level of the liquid the metal will stay warm while the metal contacting liquid will stay cool.
Once in a while you run across a simple trick that does the job. I wonder what other simple ways there are for things like this in a pinch?
On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 11:20:41 AM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKin ney wrote:

n the side and then feel the surface. Above the level of the liquid the me tal will stay warm while the metal contacting liquid will stay cool.

I just tried that on a tank containing hot water. When I touched it I burnt my hand.
My attorney will be in touch with your attorney.
On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 11:20:41 AM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

water on the side and then feel the surface. Above the level of the liquid the metal will stay warm while the metal contacting liquid will stay cool.

- I just tried that on a tank containing hot water. When I touched it - I burnt my hand. - - My attorney will be in touch with your attorney.
Oh, a wise guy, eh... Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.....
On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 11:09:05 PM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKin ney wrote:

on the side and then feel the surface. Above the level of the liquid the metal will stay warm while the metal contacting liquid will stay cool.

Why, I oughta...