handtruck tubeless tires

I have a handtruck which I use to transport my DJ equipment in and out of the venues where I DJ special events. The other evening I noticed that one of the tires had separated from the rim. Upon more careful inspection i noticed that it was actually a tubeless tire. Do I need to take any special measures when filling it with air. Unfortunately I wasn't able to build sufficient pressure with a hand pump
Thanks.
John
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:02:20 GMT, "Redlocks"

I had the same thing happen on a lawn cart. It needs a fast shot of high pressure air to catch the bead.
I brought mine to a tire shop and the fellow there hit it for me for free.
Remove it from the handtruck first, however!
Mike
Redlocks wrote:

Hand pump is too slow. I use compressor. Portable air tank may be an option. Tony
I asked the same question 6 months ago. Someone recommended putting a piece of nylon webbing around the tire to hold it in place while putting air in. Worked perfectly. (might have worked without the webbing, but if you have some laying around, it is simple enough)

This is Turtle.
There is all kinds of fixes and really whatb you need is a cure. Go down to a place where they sell tires and get you two tubes to fit the tires and put them in there and never worry again about airing up those tires again. I have two of them and got tire of airing up tire and just put tubes in them and it has been two year not and never air one up yet. I think the tubes for them is about $6.00 a piece.
TURTLE
Redlocks wrote:

Yeah, don't overfill it and don't put your face or body parts over the explosion zone while you are filling it. Better yet, have them foam filled and never worry about them again!
Easiest thing is to buy rubber tubes (probably find them at a lawnmower service store) and have them installed. Then your hand pump will always work. I had the same problem and got tired of taking the wheels down to the local tire store for a quick pump-up (tried service stations' air pumps but quickly found these were not reliable enough for the job).
Redlocks wrote:

On 12/11/2004 11:02 PM US(ET), Redlocks took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

making contact with the rim all the way around the tire. You can't pump fast enough to build up pressure to expand the tire so that it contacts the rim all around. One way to expand the tire without high pressure air is to wrap the tread with one of those yellow tie down straps, the one that has a handle to tighten would be a better choice, but the one with the military web belt buckle type tightener may work. The idea is to compress the tread so that the bead bulges out to contact the rim all around. Once you get enough pressure in the tire to keep the bead against the rim, unbuckle the strap. Your second solution would be to remove the tire, or take the whole handtruck to the local service station and use the air pump there. Bring a quarter ($.25) with you in case they have a coin operated pump.

The air in my area must be of much better quality, since most coin-op machines are now $.50.
On 12/12/2004 9:04 AM US(ET), brisket smoker took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Actually, the last time I used one that had a coin operated pump, it was $.25. But that was years ago. I had to top off a just mounted spare tire after I got a flat on the NJ Turnpike last week. The air pump was free at the turnpike service station, but even then, you have to pay a toll to use the free pump.
Fixed it!
Thanks for the tips.
John

I found that removing the valve from the stem, it unscrews with a little gizmo that is often on a valve stem cap, allows enough air from a compressor to blow the tire up, and re-seat the beads.
Of course, it won't hold air till you screw the valve back in.
Northern Tool has tube type tire setups (wheel, tube, tire) for about $10 all ready to go, if you don't want to DIY.