Hairline crack in vessel sink?

My brother and his wife had their bathroom redone recently - more recently a hairline crack had occurred in their sink, one of thse bowl- shaped things sitting on a table base. He was wondering what he could use to seal the crack, not necessarily to make it invisible, just functional. I haven't seen the place in ages and I'm not sure what the material is - he said it's stone, but maybe it's some manmade composite, ceramic or what...I imagine that would determine the fix. He's still trying to figure out how the crack got there...doubts something fell on it, wonders if a recent reroofing job might have jarred some plumbing - a vent stack or something.
VMacek

If it was recent, there might be a warranty.
The roof repair is likely unrelated.
Not knowing any more, it would be impossible to recommend a material or method of repair.
On 4 Mar 2007 14:25:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The crack may have been caused by over tightening the drain pipe during the install. I barely snugged my sink up. It sits on the vanity top with only a hole for the drain pipe.
-- Oren
On Mar 4, 5:25 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If "stone" it is most likely a solid surface product like Corian which is repairable. I know DuPont warrants all it's materials which include Corian and granite for 10 years. I would think other manufacturers would have similar warranties. I would contact the installer to make repair or replace.
Frank

Yeah, 'warranty' was my first thought - don't know if my brother thought the same; I think they'd had trouble getting their installer to right some other wrong and maybe don't want to go back down that road, but...
VMacek